The 19th Hole

Friday, July 21, 2006

TC's 19th Hole

If you are a golf, you are familar with the 19th hole... if you aren't, it doesn't really matter. Honestly, neither am I. But, my dad, brother, grandfather, uncle, etc. are golfers and The 19th Hole has always been a familar term growing up. I can only imagine the men, after a long day of slicing, missed putts, and sandtrap shots, joining together in the bar for a few drinks and conversations revolving around analysis of their game-playing. I imagine my grandfather telling my grandmother than he and his buddies got caught up on the 19th hole... thinking my grandmother would mistake that for the last hole in the round... when really, she knew all along that it meant he was sharing amazing golf stories over a few rounds of scotch. I imagine my dad taking my brother to the 19th hole for the first time... like an initiation into the world of "golfers." Like a dad tells his son about sex or watches him drive off in a car for the first time or when he has a child of his own... in my family, the 19th hole was just as special and just as traditional, as all of the rest. Because I tend to blog about my life (and usually after several drinks)... I thought it only appropriate to name it "The 19th Hole." No, I am not a golfer... but I love a place to go, where I can get away from the world, share my stories, sip on a rum & diet coke... and confess... just like my grandfather, dad, brother, and uncle have done for years and years. So... if anyone asks - I'm at the 19th hole and I'll be home soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Karen Diane Stewart said...

    Oh my goodness. You are perfect. Absolutely. No doubt. I would spend the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19th holes with you, sweet friend; but, let me see--it's been over a year and we can't seem to get together. Sadness. :(

    k

     
  • At 12:47 PM , Blogger himpy said...

    I love the way you think.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home